Viscotaq™ Transition Coating System (Soil/Air)
The soil-to-air interface can be a problematic area for coatings and a common place for corrosion. Risers and soil-to-air transitions are especially sensitive to corrosion due to the movement of the soil, bacteria, weather cycles (freeze/thaw), oxygen and pH levels.
The Viscotaq™ Transition Coating System is an excellent solution for corrosion prevention for this type of application. It can be applied with minimal surface preparation, does not require primer and forms a homogeneous continuous, self-healing corrosion prevention coating.
Viscotaq™ bonds at a molecular level creating an impermeable barrier to moisture and oxygen. It shows excellent adhesion to the steel surface but also to underground and aboveground coating systems, essential for a transition coating. In addition, it always remains in a semi-solid state that provides high impact strength and allows for high resistance against shearing.
The Viscotaq™ Transition Coating System comprises Viscotaq Viscowrap™ (ST, HT or XHT), Viscotaq™ Outer Wrap (PVC, PE, HDPE or Glass Wrap, if required).Request Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Impermeable to moisture and gases
- Immediate adhesion to substrate / permanent wetting characteristics
- No primer needed
- Easy to apply, no mixing or messy clean-up
- Minimal surface preparation required (SP2-wire brush)
- Excellent cathodic protection / low cathodic disbondment
- Self-healing characteristics
- Inert material, no deterioration over time
- Resistant to aggressive soil conditions such as water, acid, salts, or soil organics
- Quick long-term protective coating, ready for immediate service
- Contains no solvents, no carcinogens, non-toxic, non-flammable
- Contains fire retardant materials and self-extinguishing
- UV resistant and never cracks or becomes brittle
- Flexible, pliable, conforms to irregular shapes easily
- Freeze / thaw resistant
- Ability to fill voids and anomalies of substrate
- Meets NACE 0109:2019 and ISO 21809-3:2016
WCD Viscotaq Overviewliterature
WCD Viscotaq Soil Air Transition Coatingliterature