Densoseal 16A™ Sealing Mastic
Densoseal 16A™ is a firm, fibrous mastic based on mineral fillers, organic fibres and water displacing materials. It is a non-setting, self-supporting mastic which may be applied to wet surfaces and will seal ducts and conduits against ingress of gas and water. It complies with British Telecom Specification M212C. Used for sealing cable ducts, conduits and service entry pipes or sleeves particularly below ground level to prevent the entry of gas or water into buildings. It may also be used for profiling mechanical joints on hot pipes to allow application of tapes.
Densoseal 16A™ is packed into the ends of the duct by hand and moulded firmly around cables and against the duct to ensure there are no gaps or fissures. The mastic should be packed to a depth of at least equal to the diameter of the duct. Surfaces should be free from loose rust, scale, dirt or previous sealants.Request Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Seals against water and gas ingress
- Stable in composition and plasticity, even at high temperatures
- Complies with British Telecom Specification M212C
- Adheres to wet or dry surfaces of iron, steel, glazed earthenware, lead, brass, polythene and PVC
- Non-hardening, non-cracking and self-supporting compound
- Accommodates vibration, mechanical stresses or movement of substrate
Densoseal 16A IFUapplication instructions
WCD Densoseal 16Aliterature
case Studiesview all
Thames Water Cable Entries Protected Against Flooding
Flood Control International of Tavistock, Devon, completed a project at a T...... Read more
Can’t find what you are looking for?
If you can't find the information you require, need help understanding anything you may have read, or have a general query regarding our products and services, contact us today and one of our representatives will be in touch to help you with your query.