Viscotaq™ Transition Coating System (Soil/Air)
The soil-to-air interface can be a problematic area for coatings and a common place for corrosion. Risers and soil-to-air transitions are especially sensitive to corrosion due to the movement of the soil, bacteria, weather cycles (freeze/thaw), oxygen and pH levels.
The Viscotaq™ Transition Coating System is an excellent solution for corrosion prevention for this type of application. It can be applied with minimal surface preparation, does not require primer and forms a homogeneous continuous, self-healing corrosion prevention coating.
Viscotaq™ bonds at a molecular level creating an impermeable barrier to moisture and oxygen. It shows excellent adhesion to the steel surface but also to underground and aboveground coating systems, essential for a transition coating. In addition, it always remains in a semi-solid state that provides high impact strength and allows for high resistance against shearing.
The Viscotaq™ Transition Coating System comprises Viscotaq Viscowrap™ (ST, HT or XHT), Viscotaq™ Outer Wrap (PVC, PE, HDPE or Glass Wrap, if required).Request Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Impermeable to moisture and gases
- Immediate adhesion to substrate / permanent wetting characteristics
- No primer needed
- Easy to apply, no mixing or messy clean-up
- Minimal surface preparation required (SP2-wire brush)
- Excellent cathodic protection / low cathodic disbondment
- Self-healing characteristics
- Inert material, no deterioration over time
- Resistant to aggressive soil conditions such as water, acid, salts, or soil organics
- Quick long-term protective coating, ready for immediate service
- Contains no solvents, no carcinogens, non-toxic, non-flammable
- Contains fire retardant materials and self-extinguishing
- UV resistant and never cracks or becomes brittle
- Flexible, pliable, conforms to irregular shapes easily
- Freeze / thaw resistant
- Ability to fill voids and anomalies of substrate
- Meets NACE 0109:2019 and ISO 21809-3:2016
WCD Viscotaq Overviewliterature
WCD Viscotaq Soil Air Transition Coatingliterature
case Studiesview all
Can’t find what you are looking for?
If you can't find the information you require, need help understanding anything you may have read, or have a general query regarding our products and services, contact us today and one of our representatives will be in touch to help you with your query.